The Future of Missions
10 Questions About Global Ministry that the Church Must Answer with the Next Generation
In North America, church attendance is in sharp decline, and younger Christians are increasingly less likely to prioritize church involvement.
How will these troubling trends impact the future of mission work?
The International Mission Board of the Southern Baptist Convention commissioned Barna to research how young Christians’ perspectives on missions are different from older believers’.
The result is a new report called The Future of Missions.
Inside, you’ll find data data surrounding 10 vital questions for the Church:
- What Do People Value About International Missions?
- How Does Missions’ History Shape Its Present & Future?
- How Should We Talk & Pray About Missions?
- What Is the Right Balance Between Aid & Evangelism?
- How Should Missions Be Funded?
- What Should Accountability Look Like for Mission Work?
- Is There a Place for a New Kind of Missionary?
- Who Are the Young Christians Who See Themselves on Mission?
- Why Are Parents Sometimes a Barrier to Missions Engagement?
- What Can We Do Now to Prepare the Next Generations for Missions?
The report also includes profiles of current missionaries in various parts of the world, giving you a chance to learn about their experiences, priorities, hopes and struggles.
Plus, you’ll hear from people connected to missions in different ways—parents, sending organizations, former missionaries—to help you develop a multifaceted view of missions today.
Informed by the data in this report, you and your team will be better equipped to think about and prepare for the future of missions, as we seek to go and make disciples of all nations.
Included in the Church Kit:
- Print copy of the full color report
- Digital copy of the report (can be shared with up to 10 users)
- Presenter Slides that you can use to share these findings with your team or congregation
Format: Paperback, digital. Full color, infographics, 114 pages.
*Digital products are nonrefundable
Barna Access Plus: Get every Barna report (and so much more) in one low-cost subscription
Get every research report PLUS presentations, interactive data, workshops, courses, videos and more.
And new releases happen in Access Plus first.
Be the first to turn insights into action to strengthen your ministry with subscriber-only exclusives.