Back to All Products
Best Practices for Church Expansion
The advent of multisite and church planting strategies in recent decades has introduced unprecedented opportunity for the Church as a whole. Today, there are entire networks of proliferating churches, with their own structures, terminologies and metrics for growth. The multi-ministry approach has become increasingly common—but it can also be a challenge.
Faith leaders who contemplate moving their church beyond a single campus face a variety of daunting questions: What kind of building or location will best serve the community we’d like to reach? How will resources be shared or distributed? Who should be on the launch team? Can the church maintain unity and stay on message across congregations? Which model makes the most sense for our context—and will it work?
More Than Multisite, based on research commissioned by Cornerstone Knowledge Network, offers a detailed look at the current culture of planting and growing churches.
In addition to ﬁndings from a concentrated study and in-depth interviews, this report includes:
- Proﬁles of ﬁve major models of church expansion: Multisite Beginners, Planting Beginners, Multisite Strategists, Planting Strategists and Location Partners
- Statistics on pastors in actively reproducing churches, represented by infographics, charts and other data visualizations
- Commentary and insights from pioneers of multisite and planting ministries
- A thorough examination of the logistics of church extension, from facilities to ﬁnances
- Barna analysis of the motivations, processes and impact of adding congregations
Full color with infographics. 96 pages
*Digital products are nonrefundable