Understand the culture, beliefs and motivations shaping today’s teenagers.
As Christian leaders, pastors, educators and parents, we want what’s best for our kids. We want to see them grow up and follow Jesus for a lifetime.
Unfortunately, many Christian teenagers are simply unprepared for the world that is waiting for them. We all know students who have drifted, become disillusioned or just walked away from the faith.
Even one heartbreaking story is enough to move us to action. No student should “outgrow” their faith. It doesn’t have to be this way.
That’s why Barna has partnered with Impact 360 Institute to produce Gen Z: The Culture, Beliefs and Motivations Shaping the Next Generation.
Based on interviews and analysis, this report contains Barna’s most comprehensive research on the perceptions, experiences, and motivations of 13- to 18-year-olds, with answers to key questions, like:
- What do they believe about the biggest questions of life?
- What unique opportunities and challenges will Christian leaders and parents face while trying to pass on their faith to the next generation?
- What do they view as central to their identity?
- Will they carry on the Millennial trends Barna has been studying for more than a decade? How are they different?
- What is their relationship to faith, parents and institutions?
- How have culture and society shaped them?
- How are they thinking about what it means to become an adult?
Gen Z is a must-read for pastors, teachers, and parents as they help tomorrow’s Christian leaders grow.
While it can be tempting in our culture to only pay attention to negative trends, there are positive trends as well. And what we choose to focus on makes all the difference.
Our hope is that the information in these pages makes you aware of the challenges so that you can prepare, but also gives you a way to frame and invest in the opportunities for incredible influence that awaits Gen Z.
Included in the Church Kit:
- Print copy of the report
- Digital copy of the report (can be shared with up to 10 users)
- Presenter Slides
- Video of David Kinnaman covering the key findings of Gen Z
Format: Paperback, digital, webcast replay. Full color, infographics, 128 pages.
*Digital products are nonrefundable
Barna Access Plus: Get every Barna report (and so much more) in one low-cost subscription
Get every research report PLUS presentations, interactive data, workshops, courses, videos and more.
And new releases happen in Access Plus first.
Be the first to turn insights into action to strengthen your ministry with subscriber-only exclusives.