Trauma in America
A guidebook to help church leaders minister to people who are hurting
One in five U.S adults has experienced the effects of trauma in the past 10 years. This rate is similar inside and outside of the church.
As leaders, we have a special opportunity to help. In fact, many people suffering from trauma are open to the church’s help, even if they aren’t regular churchgoers.
But navigating the deep waters of trauma is difficult, and should be done with as much information and guidance as possible.
That’s why Barna teamed up with American Bible Society on a new research project — to help church leaders understand how people face hardships and how the church can offer hope.
In this data-driven report, Trauma in America, you’ll discover:
- The most common forms of trauma people are facing
- How people cope with trauma and what symptoms they experience
- What churches can do to love and serve the victims of trauma
- How relationships with God are developed through difficult seasons
- What pastors can to do prepare for ministering to people after trauma
If you want to deepen your understanding of trauma and how to serve people who are facing it, this report can help.
It will give you a lens into what hurting people are going through, along with insights for loving them well in this challenging season of their lives.
Trauma doesn’t have to define us. In fact, two-thirds of practicing Christians say experiences of trauma ultimately brought them closer to God.
We pray these findings will bless and inspire you to lean on the Spirit’s work through the Bible to comfort and restore those who are hurting
Included in the Church Kit:
- Print copy of the full color report
- Digital copy of the report (can be shared with up to 10 users)
- Presenter Slides that you can use to share these findings with your team or congregation
- Access to video replay of Barna+ABS Workshop: Helping People Heal Through Trauma
Format: Paperback, digital. Full color, infographics, 112 pages.
*Digital products are nonrefundable
Barna Access Plus: Get every Barna report (and so much more) in one low-cost subscription
Get every research report PLUS presentations, interactive data, workshops, courses, videos and more.
And new releases happen in Access Plus first.
Be the first to turn insights into action to strengthen your ministry with subscriber-only exclusives.