Pastoral Change Doesn’t Have to Be a Crisis
It happens at some point in every church: leadership transition. Whether because of retirement, another ministry opportunity, a moral failing, an illness or even death, change is inevitable.
New research, however, confirms that crisis is unnecessary. Barna studied the experiences of nearly 2,000 Christians—including churchgoers, incoming and outgoing senior pastors, and other church staff members—who have journeyed through a pastoral change within the past five years. Analysts wanted to know: What factors make for an overall positive experience? What turns a change into a crisis? Inside you’ll find:
- All-new Barna data on Christians’ experiences during and after a major leadership transition
- A custom outcomes metric that reveals what factors are most important for a successful transition
- Infographics and other data visualizations
- “Field guides” for leadership teams navigating a pastoral change
- And much more
Church leaders at any stage in the process will find research, insightful analysis and relatable case studies to help you keep your church healthy through leadership change.
Included in the Church Kit:
- Print copy of the report
- Digital copy of the report (can be shared with up to 10 users)
- Field Guides
- PowerPoint Presentation
- Video interview about a successful transition at Hillsong Phoenix with Gary Kinnaman and Terry Crist
Format: Paperback, digital. Full color, infographics, 112 pages.
*Digital products are nonrefundable
Barna Access: Our new premium subscription service
Get full access to a growing library of enhanced digital Barna reports with a comprehensive search function, downloadable presenter slide decks, Barna videos and other valuable, exclusive-to-Access resources.