The Connected Generation
Helping Church Leaders More Effectively Minister to 18–35-Year-Olds
Ministering to Millenials is challenging.
These young adults are coming of age in a rapidly changing culture, and they can feel difficult to reach and relate to.
To better understand this “Connected Generation,” Barna partnered with World Vision and undertook the largest study it has ever done, featuring 15,000 respondents in 25 countries and 9 languages.
The findings show that, just like the generations that came before them, young people desperately need to experience the love of God.
- Only 33% of the 18–35-year-olds studied say, “I often feel deeply cared for by those around me”
- An even smaller percentage reports feeling that “someone believes in me”
- Sadly, just two out of five of these young adults claim to be optimistic about the future
And contrary to stereotypes, overall, 18–35-year-olds around the world express an overwhelming openness to spirituality—or, at least, the possibility of a spiritual dimension.
If you’re looking for strategies to help you minister more effectively to young adults, this report can help, giving you a new level of insight into:
- The challenges and fears young people face
- The attitudes young people have toward church and religion
- The causes young people care about, and how the church can partner across generations to be a force for positive change
Millennials don’t have to be a mystery. Get to know the Connected Generation and start ministering to them more effectively through your church, organization or business.
For more localized insights uncovered by this research, check out The Connected Generation Country Reports, which serve as valuable companion resources to the global study.
Get more information about The Connected Generation project and related resources at theconnectedgeneration.com.
Format: Paperback, digital. Full color, infographics, 176 pages.
*Digital products are nonrefundable
To purchase copies outside of the United States, please click here.
Barna Access: Our new premium subscription service
Get full access to a growing library of enhanced digital Barna reports with a comprehensive search function, downloadable presenter slide decks, Barna videos and other valuable, exclusive-to-Access resources.